Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Special Day

Hey all! DAG

So September has always been an emotional month for this little pixie. When I was little it was because I had to go back to school. I hated school! September is also the month my parents got married 35 years ago . And it is also the month of my fathers birthday.

September is also the month in which I became a member of my family.

I Tinkerbell, am adopted!

On May 29 I was born to teenage parents. Who were too young to take care of themselves let a lone a little baby like me. A little baby who was born 4 months yearly, and with a fare amount of medical problems. I can see how it would b overwhelming
After spending some time @ Mc Master hospital, I was put in2 a foster home.

Until it happened.

On September 14th I was adopted by my parents. I was there first child. Two years latter I became a big sister. When my little sister was adopted to.
As long as I can remember September 14th has been refereed to as my "special day." I guess its like another birthday. Growing up we always got cards & presents on our "special days".
It has always been a big deal. But I think my favourite thing about my special day when I was growing up was that we always went to the Avondale Dairy Bar for Ice Cream. YUMMY

Although the 14th is filled with lots of GREAT! memories. It is often filled with sadness.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong in the family I am in. I always wounder what life would of been like had my biological parents kept me. Who would I be? Where would I live? Would I have any siblings? Would DoubleAgentGirl still b my best friend? Would I have ever met Mr. Wilcox And known What true love is?
Do my biological parents ever think about me or wonder where I am and how I'm doing? Have they ever tried to find me? Do they wish I would try & find them? Was it hard 4 them? Om my birthday do I cross there mind? or am I just forgotten?

Should I try to find my biological parents? What would I get out of that? Rejection? Sadness? Hurt? Pain? Death? Love? A family that wants me back? or A family that just wants me to go away?

Where do I belong? Mr.Wilcox always made me feel like i was were I was suppose to b. But now I'm really not to sure! Will finding some ppl I don't even know me make me feel better about myself? NO! Will learning me medical history make me feel better about myself? Maybe!

I am sooo VERY GRATEFUL for the life that I have been given! I love my family! And that's all I really need, LOVE!!

Tink~

1 comment:

Double Agent Girl said...

Darling,

I'm thankful on your special day because someone gave you a warm family to take very good care of you. All families are dysfunctional, but I think you were very lucky. If it hadn't been for that day, I'd have never met a bitter girl who sat beside me in psychology class, without which there would have been no ruckus days, no dressing for foreign countries and no running from Ottawa bugs. I love you my very best friend, sister of my heart and girl-love of my life.

Let them eat ice cream!!!!