Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SUGARLAND!!!!

Tuesday night;
I called doubleagentgirl @ home while I was @ work. Just as we were about to get off the phone, DAG says " oh by the way my dad entered me into a contest to win sugarland tix to a privet concert for 2morrow!" WHAT? REALLY? NICE!

"Yeah" says DAG so keep ur fingers crossed & b prepared to come up to London early! in the morning & NOT! go to work tomorrow.

"OK! Of coarse! I will b up in a heart beet!"
So when I got off the ph I said to my co worker Nicki. "Keep ur fingers crossed for me so that I can go see my FAVORITE group tomorrow!"

Wednesday morning;
Sometime between 8 & 8:30am my house ph rings & I know just who it is
But just my luck my ph wont turn on. & then my cell phone rings & that thing is a piece of CRAP!

So then I call DAG back on her cell.

"GET UP HERE!!!! WERE GOING TO SUGARLAND!!!! I WON! bus leave @ 4pm!"

I Tink! was speechless! I didn't know what to say I was SOOO excited! I was finally going to see Jennifer Nettles & Kristian Bush!

So I flew in the shower. Did my hair. Got gas & was on my way up to London by 9:15am. I think it was my fastest trip yet! LOL The whole time thinking about what shirt I would wear! LOL

Finally in London around 11am. Walked in doubleagentgirl's apartment & said "WE ARE GOING TO SUGARLAND, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! IM SOOO EXCITED!" Her answer " I told you one way or another we would see them!"DAG has been telling me for about a year now that we would get to see Sugarland together, one day! & I didn't believe her! SHE WAS RIGHT!

So after deciding on a shirt. Getting Starbucks & telling the drive thru girl about all the excitement even if she wouldn't believe us! DAG & I went & wasted some more time @ White Oaks Mall. B4 we had to catch the bus with the other 46 ppl going to see SUGARLAND!!

I don't even want to talk about the bus ride....ppl SUCK The ppl behind us were SO loud! & didn't think I was old enuf to get into a 19+ event! After our first stop DAG & I moved seats!

"There it is the Orange Lounge!" "YES! Were here!"
When we got off the bus we had to wait in line for about 10 min b4 we could get in....DAG & I were both! asked for id b4 we were let in! So once in we filled up the stars, to the super cute theater. Got a drink. & found a spot! Right beside a cute boy named Grayden, who offered to take a pic of the agent & I!

I couldn't believe that in 30min I would see Sugarland !!!When all of a sudden, out come Amanda Wilkinson How exciting I didn't know that she was going to b the host for the event? But it was a GREAT surprise! I have been a fan of the Wilkinson's since the beginning of there career. Amanda even sang a bit to by some time for Surgarland! & then it was time!!!

Out came Jennifer & Kristian. "OMG!!!! THERE THEY ARE! I THINK I'M GOING TO FAINT!" I was crying & shaking!

Jennifer's voice was a little? gone! But when she sang she sounded GREAT! I'm not sure that I could tell you all the songs that Sugarland sang or the questions that they were asked during the Q & A! Because I was mesmerized & in aw that Sugarland was b4 me! Seeing them had meant a lot to me for a long time, there songs have been there for me thru some tough times! ...I there I was @ a Sugarland concert with my best friend! Even as I write this now I am brought to tears!

After the Q & A. Jennifer & Kristian came off the stage to shake hands. DAG said to me " well go take ur CD up there!" I was like "no they wont sign it!" But DAG talked me into it! & good thing she did AS I pushed my way thru all the ppl...saying " Sorry I JUST LITTLE! Can I Just get up their 4 a min? I just wanna c!" I made my way to the front of the crowd! Where Jennifer Nettles SIGNED MY CD!!!! YEAH!!!! It was AWESOME!!!! THANKS DAG 4 pushing me! lol I was soo happy!

I remember hearing doubleagentgirls voice saying "just enjoy the moment!" BUT I'M NOT SURE THAT DAG REALLY KNOWS JUST HOW MUCH THAT MOMENT MEANT TO ME!!!! Watching & listening Sugarland perform, everything that has happened over the last 4 years just came over me & filled me up!

I am soo VERY GREATFULL 4 DAG who took me with her to see Sugarland . She has fulfilled a dream of this little pixie's & I'm not even sure that Aaron Pritchett was enuf to pay her back!

Luv you bunches DAG! THANK so much!



Ciao!!

Tink~

1 comment:

Double Agent Girl said...

Tink,

I'm so very happy that it meant so much to you. I was more excited to be able to take you along, than I was to actually win the tickets. I did it for you babe.
Aaron Pritchett TOTALLY evened it out, however in reality.. even Sugarland doesn't come close to paying you back for this wonderful friendship you gave me. Love you!

D.A.G.